Sunday, October 2, 2011

Doing The Hustle

Last week, I pretty much marched into staples and told them to look at my app. Actually, I got very positive response from them. As of now, however, they are also considering someone else. They are supposed to be contacting me shortly to let me know what their final decision was.

I have found that it is difficult to catch fast food managers during the day...they are often very busy, they usually share many of the responsibilities of their crew.

Another month is starting. I need a job this week.
Tomorrow I will be getting more follow up on job opportunities as well as expecting the call from Staples.

Yesterday my wife and I did something we don't normally do, a necessary step in getting out of debt. We made a budget of how much we could afford to spend on groceries, formed a list of affordable, practical meal ideas and then withdrew the cash for the groceries rather than use our debit card. I'm beginning to see how much of a significant moment this was for us, it is a leap in the right direction.

We have also spoken with relatives and opted out of gift exchange for christmas get-togethers. We will only be buying gifts for our sons and possibly our nieces and nephews but none for any adults or siblings and only very minimal gifts to each other as husband and wife.

We're making a lot of changes. I personally have been. For a long time, I have been a push over about many things that I shouldn't have let go. God has gifted me with the ability to make thoughtful, guided decisions and I have to stop hiding from my purpose in this marriage and in my life.
I've had a lot of fear in my life, but no longer.

The Lord is my shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment