Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chipping Away At The Hole In The Dam

I have work. I start tomorrow night, 3rd shift. It's messy, tiring work...but it's work and I'm not afraid of it. The starting pay is good, and it should be 40 hours a week...which means we're about to declare war on our debt.

We're here, arrived at a new challenge. My wife and I must brainstorm about how, logistically speaking, next week will happen. We've initially decided to get her working different hours in her job. She'll be working 12 to 7s most likely, whereas I'll be sleeping until around the time she leaves for work and into the boys' nap time.

It's going to be difficult the first week, I know this. But failure is not an option for me, we will make it, we will persevere through this. I'm hoping and praying a 2nd shift opens up, which will make life a little simpler. Until then, this is what I have.

We are thoroughly excited about this...things are materializing, getting out of debt is in reach. We're fixed on it, we've made a budget, we have a goal.

God is good.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment