Monday, September 26, 2011

Muscling Through The Noise

I have an interview tomorrow at 6:00 pm.

This week is going to be tight, but we're just going to have to pay some bills and trust God with the rest.
I'm going to by a small notebook whose sole purpose of existence is to record every single transaction we make.

I have a rehearsal this week, if I can get the songs together for it. If it goes well, I could possibly be looking at a gig this weekend which should pay a little bit of money, make ends meet until the next payday. Trouble is, it's somewhat of a gamble. It will take money to put gas in the car to drive to this rehearsal. And then once its over, there's no absolute guarantee that they'll have a gig this weekend. So either I spend a little bit of money in hopes that they'll get a gig this weekend or I do nothing.

The ideal situation would be that after my interview tomorrow, the hiring manager would ask me when I can start. That would be an answer to prayer actually. But then I run into the likely scenario that he'll hold my first check...it is very common for an employer to do that.

I also have a possible one-time work opportunity with my father-in-law who is into contracting/carpentry/remodeling, etc. The work normally pays very well, but it is all in how soon he is able to get something definitive from his client.

I'm not afraid of honest, hard work. Never have been, never will be. But the work I do needs to be profitable. We can't spin our wheels financially anymore, I need a stable job or else getting out of debt is going to be considerably more difficult.

God has been good to me. Prayer is what keeps me grounded everyday. My best days lately are the ones where I've prayed the most. It can be hard to pray when there are lots of pressing matters on your mind...but if you can muscle through the noise and be still everyday...it makes a difference. It definitely makes one for me.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment